The Village at Castle Pines tennis complex is located at the Canyon Club and comprises five courts, a practice court with backboard, two pickleball courts, and a ball machine for individual practice. The tennis facilities are available to all Village residents.
The Village at Castle Pines provides Adult and Youth Tennis lessons through tennis pro, Ben Wolfe and Linda Schley. For Ben Wolfe please visit benwolfetennisandfitness.com to register for youth summer camps, adult drills, or private/semi private lessons. Linda Schley is certified by the USPTA for instruction in tennis and pickleball. Linda is available for private lessons and team clinics and is also our coordinator and coach for Junior Team Tennis (JTT). She can be reached at email@example.com.
Tennis Activities Plan - Download Flyer
- Spring Warm-Up (March 31): Free drills for adults and children provided by instructors Linda Schley and Ben Wolfe. Noon to 4 pm.
- Competitive Village Teams (March through September): In 2018, the Village fielded 39 teams playing other clubs from the South Metro area. Women’s and Men’s teams and Mixed Doubles teams ranged from USTA ratings of 2.5 to 4.0. Anyone interested in participating on a competitive team in 2019, that did not compete in 2018 should contact Jerry Eddy at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Juniors Team Tennis Ages 7 – 18, Registration and Try-outs with Coach Linda (April 6).
- Mixed Men’s and Women’s Doubles Tennis Tournament (June 8-9)
- Summertime Kids, Teens and Adult Clinics on weekdays and Saturday mornings (June through August): Instruction provided by a professional tennis instructor for reasonable fees.
- Monthly Mixed Doubles Socials on Friday evenings:
- Friday, May 17
- Friday, June 14
- Friday, July 12
- Friday, August 9
- Pickle Ball Tournaments and Clinics (September 28)
If you are interested in being advised of upcoming tennis activities, contact Jerry Eddy at email@example.com and request to be on the Tennis E-Mail list. Tennis Information is also provided in the Village Weekly and the Village Reporter.
Tennis Court Reservations
The Village at Castle Pines Online Tennis Reservations Link - CLICK HERE.
To reserve the tennis courts you must be a Village resident. Individuals desiring to use the facilities may reserve them ahead of time. All five courts can be reserved on-line.
Reservations can also be made for the ball machine by reserving Court 1. The ball machine is enclosed in the small shed along side Court 1. The key for the shed and the remote control for the ball machine are kept at the Village Lakes Fitness Center. A sign-out book is located at the front desk.
Please note: If you show up more than ten minutes late you forfeit your time slot for the court you reserved. If you reserve a court and determine that you will not be able to use it, please cancel your reservation on the website.
The CPHA Tennis Activities Group promotes and organizes tennis activities for all interested Castle Pines residents.
Informal Activities And Social Events
During the summer months numerous social events, such as Mixed Doubles, Men’s Night, and Ladies’ Night, are held. For information on upcoming social events contact Jerry Eddy.
The Tennis Activities Group maintains a list of resident tennis players’ names, phone numbers, and skill levels. To have your name and information added to the list contact Jerry Eddy at firstname.lastname@example.org. This list will be used to send emails informing residents of upcoming tennis events.
For those residents desiring more formal activities, the Tennis Activities Group forms United States Tennis Association (USTA) sanctioned teams at various levels for both men and women for play throughout the summer. These teams travel to other sites as well as hosting other teams for their matches. If you are interested in league play send an email with your name, the league you are interested in, and skill level to Jerry Eddy. Additional information about USTA leagues, activities, and rating systems can be found at www.usta.com.