The Village at Castle Pines tennis complex is located at the Canyon Club and comprises five courts, a practice court with backboard, a pickleball court, and a ball machine for individual practice. The tennis facilities are available to all Village residents.
The Village at Castle Pines provides Adult and Youth Tennis lessons through tennis pro, Ben Wolfe. Please visit benwolfetennisandfitness.com to register for youth summer camps, adult drills, or private/semi private lessons. If you don't see a time or date that works for your schedule please feel free to contact him to make arrangements.
Tennis Action Plan - Download Flyer
- Spring Warm-Up (April 8): Free drills for adults and children provided by instructors Linda Schley and Ben Wolfe. Noon to 4 pm.
- Men’s Night (May 4).
- Women’s Night (May 11).
- Competitive Village Teams (March through September): In 2017, the Village fielded 45 teams playing other clubs from the South Metro area. Women’s and Men’s teams and Mixed Doubles teams ranged from USTA ratings of 2.5 to 4.0. Anyone interested in participating on a competitive team in 2018, that did not compete in 2017 should contact Jerry Eddy at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Juniors Team Tennis Ages 7 – 18, Registration and Try-outs with Coach Linda (April 7).
- Mixed Men’s and Women’s Doubles Tennis Tournament (June 9-10)
- Women’s and Men’s Singles Tournament - New for 2018! (August 4-5)
- Summertime Kids, Teens and Adult Clinics on weekdays and Saturday mornings (June through August): Instruction provided by a professional tennis instructor for reasonable fees.
- Monthly Mixed Doubles Socials on Friday evenings:
- Friday, June 15
- Friday, July 13
- Friday, August 11
- Pickle Ball Tournaments and Clinics (TBD)
If you are interested in being advised of upcoming tennis activities, contact Jerry Eddy at email@example.com and request to be on the Tennis E-Mail list. Tennis Information is also provided in the Village Weekly and the Village Reporter.
Tennis Court Reservations
The Village at Castle Pines Online Tennis Reservations Link - CLICK HERE.
To reserve the tennis courts you must be a Village resident. Individuals desiring to use the facilities may reserve them ahead of time. All five courts can be reserved on-line.
Reservations can also be made for the ball machine by reserving Court 1. The ball machine is enclosed in the small shed along side Court 1. The key for the shed and the remote control for the ball machine are kept at the Village Lakes Fitness Center. A sign-out book is located at the front desk.
Please note: If you show up more than ten minutes late you forfeit your time slot for the court you reserved. If you reserve a court and determine that you will not be able to use it, please cancel your reservation on the website.
The CPHA Tennis Activities Group promotes and organizes tennis activities for all interested Castle Pines residents.
Informal Activities And Social Events
During the summer months numerous social events, such as Mixed Doubles, Men’s Night, and Ladies’ Night, are held. For information on upcoming social events contact Jerry Eddy.
The Tennis Activities Group maintains a list of resident tennis players’ names, phone numbers, and skill levels. To have your name and information added to the list contact Jerry Eddy at firstname.lastname@example.org. This list will be used to send emails informing residents of upcoming tennis events.
For those residents desiring more formal activities, the Tennis Activities Group forms United States Tennis Association (USTA) sanctioned teams at various levels for both men and women for play throughout the summer. These teams travel to other sites as well as hosting other teams for their matches. If you are interested in league play send an email with your name, the league you are interested in, and skill level to Jerry Eddy. Additional information about USTA leagues, activities, and rating systems can be found at www.usta.com.